Angela Evans was on holiday in Benalmadena, on the Costa Del Sol, with her partner, Robert Wilson, when a taxi mounted the pavement and ploughed into them both without stopping

11:14 El NACHO 0 Comments



Angela Evans was on holiday in Benalmadena, on the Costa Del Sol, with her partner, Robert Wilson, when a taxi mounted the pavement and ploughed into them both without stopping.

The 49-year-old Litherland mum-of-one was left needing nine hours of surgery in which doctors put a metal rod in her shin, a pin under her left knee, screws holding her hip to one side, and a plate in her shoulder. She also had three stitches in her face.

The holiday had been booked as a birthday treat. But before leaving for the UK on Saturday, May 28, the couple gave a statement to the Spanish police and said they were told a Malaga taxi had hit them and that he was drunk.

Today Miss Evans, a shop assistant from Litherland Park, said she was left bleeding in the gutter.

She said: “If my partner had been unconscious I probably would’ve died, another car could’ve run me over because I was on the main road in the gutter.

“I can’t walk at the moment. I’m still in a wheelchair and they think it’s going to take a while and I might need another operation.

“I still cry now. I just think he didn’t care whether I was dead or alive.”

The couple had been out to a bar for a few drinks on Monday, May 16, and were walking back to their hotel, holding hands, just after 12.30am, when they were hit from behind.

0 comments: