These statements have caused deep offence amongst the victims of urban and real estate abuse in the Valley of Almanzora.

01:15 El NACHO 0 Comments

The AUAN are concerned about the latest statements in the Andalucía Parliament about a decree over the illegally built properties in Andalucía. They say the statements have caused great offence.Josefina Cruz Villalón 


On the 9th of March in a session of the Commission of Public Works and Housing of the Andalucian Parliament, Josefina Cruz Villalón, Consejera of Public Works and Housing of the Junta de Andalucia, responding to a question posed by Alicia Martinez Martin, planning spokesperson for the Partido Popular, stated (as recorded in the Diary of Sessions), amongst other things, the following 

Page 20: “Ladies and gentleman, the confusion is yours. I believe that you do not know what you are defending. I do not know if you're defending the intrusion of people and I do not know if you're defending the interests of a group of people who are not of this country and who have settled here illegally; I do not know if you're defending those interests, Ladies and Gentlemen. I do not understand, I really do not understand.

I have said on this occasion we have had meetings on the matter also with the British Ambassador, but I'm interested, I am concerned about the overall situation, and I'm not worried about the particular situation of a group of people who have settled illegally in our territory. I do not understand ... hence the confusion….I do not know if you're defending the legality of this or what. I do not know what you are defending, I do not know from what or whom you are coming from.

We are trying to address a problem that has occurred in Andalucia as a consequence of a lack of respect for the culture of the territory, for the culture of the landscape and for the planning culture, and , therefore, one has to adapt, we must respond within the law, within urban planning, within the territorial plan, and in compliance with all the appropriate legislation for protected land, forested land, legislation relating to livestock trails, coasts, etc,etc,etc.



Tomorrow, I have scheduled a meeting in Almanzora, Ladies and gentlemen. Tomorrow I have arranged a meeting with the mayors. Ladies and gentlemen, I will meet with the mayors, who are those responsible for planning in their municipalities, and, from there will come information for those residents who are affected, whether they are in an organisation or not in an organisation, whether they are residents who settled in good faith or not in good faith, and who are now demanding of us to solve a problem that some of them have been responsible for creating”.

These statements have caused deep offence amongst the victims of urban and real estate abuse in the Valley of Almanzora.

0 comments: